Upwey South Primary School’s acknowledgement system is an organised and consistent way to recognise students who meet your school’s behavioural expectations. The purpose of our acknowledgement system is to prompt adults to respond positively when a student engages in the behavioural expectations.
Individual Student Rewards
House Points – Students are rewarded in the classroom and in specialist classes with House Points. House Points are collected on a display within the classrooms and are counted by Year Five/Six students on a Friday.
Gotchas – Students are rewarded with ‘Green Gotchas’ by staff members. These ‘Green Gotchas’ are recorded on Compass and can be viewed by parents. These ‘Green Gotchas’ are also used as data for staff.
House Points (HP) Stars – Students can collect House Point stars when outside from a teacher on yard duty. These can be for showing the school values, helping other students, picking up rubbish and more.
Whole – School Reward System
- Each class has a display with house groupings.
- Points are given within the classroom setting.
- These are rewarded on a class to class system and agreement.
- HP stars (given out on yard duty) are rewarded in the class
- School Leaders (House, SWPBL, Specialist), collect points on a Friday.
- These are returned to Miss Bowles who collates the results.
- Lyrebird feathers are placed on our school Lyrebirds (displayed in front office foyer)
- Free Dress day
- Sausage sizzle
- Disco afternoon
- Zooper Dooper
- Picnic Lunch
- Free Afternoon