The parent-teacher community of Upwey South Primary School endorses that our students wear a school uniform which identifies each child as a member of our school community.
Students of Upwey South Primary School are required to wear the school uniform every day, except on specified occasions.
With the school colours of bottle green and gold, our basic uniform consists of:
- bottle green or gold-coloured top with sleeves with the Upwey South Primary School logo (e.g. polo shirt, T-shirt)
- bottle green windcheater or bomber jacket with the Upwey South Primary School logo
- plain bottle green pants (long or short)
- green check summer dress
- bottle green winter tunic or skirt
- bottle green sunsmart school hat
- bottle green, black or white socks
- bottle green tights or leggings to be worn only under dresses, skirts or skorts (not to be worn as pants)
- bottle green waterproof jacket with Upwey South Primary School logo
Footwear should be adequate to protect and support young feet. Closed and supportive shoes are required and black school shoes are highly recommended. Sports shoes are required for sports days. No thongs and scuff-style sandals or shoes with extended heels will be accepted.
Sun hats are essential for protection against the sun and harmful ultraviolet radiation. The wearing of a school sun-hat during any outside activity will be enforced from the beginning of September until the beginning of May each year. Any child without such sun protection will be restricted to an allocated shady area (No Hat – No Play). The application of sunscreen products is desirable for long periods in the sun.
A backpack style school bag is required in the interest of good posture and avoidance of strain and unevenness in the backs of our growing children. The uniform supplier will have available a bottle green backpack with the Upwey South Primary School logo.
Klad Sports Pty Ltd supply Upwey South Primary School’s uniform. Our uniform is proudly Australian owned and made. Parents can either visit Klad directly or place an order through the school office.
The Uniform Shop is located at 8 Macro Crt, Rowville. Telephone: (03) 9763 0266
Opening Hours Monday-Thursday 8-30am to 5pm, Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm, Saturday 10am to 1pm.
Upwey South Primary School has a Second Hand Uniform Shop at the school which is managed by a parent volunteer. Second Hand Uniform Shop is opened every Thursday afternoon from 3.15pm-3.45pm. This is located directly opposite the school office and items are priced at $2 and $5 (a list is located in the Second Hand Uniform Shop).